The HRIS Analyst is responsible for working with the Human Resources (HR) Department to analyze, design, build, test, deliver and maintain reports, dashboards and other data extracts requested. The position requires an understanding of the Lawson reporting tools (Crystal Reports, LBI, HR Report Writer and MS Addins), Lawsondata models and architecture, and SQL table queries and design in order to be successful. The HRIS Analyst will be responsible for working on issues as reported and working as part of project teams.
The HRIS Analyst is part of the Information Technology (IT) Department and supports the Human Resources & Finance Department end users at the organization.
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- Develop or assist in the development of work plans, task sequencing, and the extent to which tasks may be performed concurrently; help in developing project cost and benefit estimates along with alternative recommendations for new systems or equipment installation or changes to existing ones
- Develop and document complete descriptions of all business requirements as specifications of work to be performed
- Advise IT & HR customers on the different technical options available to resolve business issues/requirements
- Prepare and administer unit and system tests as needed to quality assure all new programs and code changes and documents results
- Support new or existing applications and evaluates previously developed programs and suggests alternatives to determine the appropriate business solution
- Maintain existing LBI smart notification and reports
- Devises data verification methods and standard systems procedures.
- Knowledgeable of MS Access database to assist in the migration legacy systems
- Provide production support to systems according to the “on-call” schedule and as needed.
Education and/or Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent is required/Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related disciplines preferred
Skills & Experience
- 2-3 years programming and database experience
- 2 years of related applications (Lawson or HR applications) work experience
- 2 years HR experience preferred
- HR Writer and Crystal Reports knowledge
- Knowledge of Lawson HR tables
- Absence management knowledge a plus
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks
- Excellent oral and written & communication skills
- Ability to do data analysis and system analysis
|Job Category||HRIS Analyst|